🐬DEAR CHANCELLOR SWIM CLUB MEMBERS:🐬
As we are now in mid-May, we wanted to share with you what we know, what we think we know, and provide an updated status on opening the pool this summer. 🏊🏼 First, please know that the Board continues to prepare, along with our pool management company, to open the pool on June 12th . We feel it is important to continue to progress toward that end, and we still believe we will get there. 😅
While we still do not know with certainty when we will be able to open, June 12th remains our best assessment. Under the phased reopening approach announced by the Governor, Phase I has begun. We are unable to open under Phase I. 💔
Under Phase 2, according to our most current information, gatherings of up to 50 people will be allowed. Note that we hope that as businesses reopen, rules specific to the operation of outdoor
pools will be devised that will provide greater clarity and flexibility for Chancellor Swim Club and other pools. We are preparing to open under Phase 2.🙌🏽 As you can see, we must prepare for the
possibility of restrictions on the number of people that may be on pool grounds at one time, at least in the first few weeks. This remains a fluid situation, and the circumstances can, and probably will, change. We ask your patience as we continue to work through these issues.🙏🏽
Members should be prepared for the possibility of operating restrictions and enhanced safety precautions which will make the pool experience a bit different than what we are all used to.
In crafting rules to observe and adhere to operating restrictions, the Board will be guided by the following principles:
- Produce clear and easy-to-understand rules concerning access to minimize confusion.
- Ensure an equitable approach that allows equal opportunity for all to safely enjoy the pool this summer.
- Avoid lines and unnecessary congestion at the front desk, in the Pavilion, and other areas.
- Avoid undue stress on the life guards (who are mostly kids) in having to enforce these policies.
Safety is our number one priority. Members should be prepared for some or all the following safety precautions, at least during Phase 2 and likely the whole Summer.
- Enhanced cleaning of the bathhouses and pool deck.
- Fewer tables and chairs on the lawn to facilitate physical distancing.
- No formal social events, at least while we are under capacity limitations.
- Meeting food delivery drivers outside in the parking lot to keep the front desk clear.
- No lost and found.
Access Restrictions. 🟦
Unfortunately, at least early on, members should be prepared for some or all of the following access restrictions in order to comply with County and State requirements.
- Opening the pool to members in blocks of time to facilitate cleaning and to provide equitable opportunity for all members to enjoy the pool. This may include a requirement to sign up for specific blocks of time.
- Strict sign in policy, and possibly sign outs, to manage capacity.
Thank you to everyone for your patience and understanding during this time. ❤️ We are all in this together, and we share your hope that the pool will open this summer so we can all have a little “normal” restored to our lives. Rest assured we are working hard to that end.
We will update you over the next weeks and month as we move toward opening the pool. Again, we ask for your patience and understanding during this time.
Stay safe, everyone, and we hope to see you at the pool in June!🌞
-Chancellor Swim Club🐬